As a non-profit organization, Historic Baker City Inc. (HBC) depends greatly upon the generosity of each individual and our community. Your tax deductible donations are used to support the HBC’s various programs that promote Baker City’s Historic District and supplies funding for the restoration and preservation of our historic buildings.
On behalf of everyone associated with the Historic Baker City Inc., thank you in advance for your support. You are guaranteeing that the Historic Baker City Inc. remains an independent, community based, non-profit organization. We need your help, please donate today.
Donations are tax deductible.
Historic Baker City Inc.
c/o Bruce Nichols, CPA
P.O. Box 1074
Baker City, OR 97814
Sometimes, property ownership can be a liability. If you feel burdened by the ownership of a Historic property, consider donating it to the Historic Baker City Inc. (HBC). HBC can be an alternative for you to change your liability into an asset. Also, after donating your property to the HBC, the appraised value can be used as a tax deduction.
There are many reasons to donate property:
- Avoid the cost of improving the property to meet City code.
- Avoid the expense of securing a vacant building.
- Eliminate the need for insurance, fire and liability.
- Eliminate real estate taxes.
- Avoid the problem of trespassing.
In order to donate:
- Make sure the property is free and clear of liens
- The property must be accepted by the HBC Board of Directors.
- Pay for the title insurance and the recording fees.
Note: HBC does not provide an appraisal or estimate of value for the amount of tax deduction.
The Internal Revenue Service will require Form 8283 (Non Cash Charitable Donation Form) for all parcels donated at a value under $5,000. For parcels over $5,000, the IRS requires Form 8283 and a certified appraisal.
If you wish to donate a property or need additional information, please email Larry Abell.